第一篇:商务英语口语 商务交谈常用礼貌用语
商务英语口语商务交谈常用礼貌用语
商务礼仪中,为了表现对外商或外宾的重视,同时又使商务活动达到双赢的目的,就不可避免使用到礼貌用语。大家对礼貌用语也并不陌生,基本从刚开始接触英语时就知道thanks,hello,hi,sorry等最简单的礼貌用语。另外,如交谈时对方因感冒而打喷嚏,对方会说:“Excuse me”,而你会说:“God bless you!”。来到商店,售货员会礼貌地问一句:“Can I help you, please?”。这些都是常用的礼貌用语。
商务活动中,因为场合相对比较正式,礼貌用语使用也会跟日常礼貌用语有些不同,下面我们列举一些商务交谈常用的礼貌用语供大家参考。
让我先谈一个问题。If you agree,(With your permission)let me start with one issue
在谈那个问题之前我想对您刚才讲的话谈点看法。Before we trun to that issue, I wish to make a few comments/remarks on your presentation.您对此事怎么看呢? I wish to benefit from your views on this matter./ What is your view on this matter?/ How do you see this matter?
我提议休会十分钟。I propose a ten-minute break.我想接着刚才的问题讲下去。I will pick up where we left off just now.对不起,我插一句。Sorry for the interruption but
当然可以。By all means
怎么都行。Whatever you say.我没有异议。I have no objection
我方对这个问题有异议。We take exception to this question.我们高兴地看到 We note with pleasure that
这个日期贵方觉得合适吗? I wonder if this date wuld be suitable for you?
不知你们上午谈的怎样? I wonder how the meeting went this morning?
我方很希望贵方能尽早给予肯定的答复。We would greatlyl appreciate it if you could give us your favourable and prompt commitment as soonas possible.请你们务必在8月1日前提出意向书。You are kindly requested to submit the letter of intent on the date no later than 1st August.纠缠这个问题 entangle this issue
提倡节约 advocate/uphold thriftiness
为了国家的繁荣 for the sake of national property
经受了时间考验的友谊给我留下了很深的印象。The time-tested friendship leave me a deep impression.密切注视 Keep close watch on
促进密切合作 spur/promote intensive cooperation
久仰 I’ve heard so much about you.好久不见了 Long time no see.辛苦了 You’ve had a long day.You’ve had a long flight.尊敬的朋友们 distinguished/Honorable/Respected friends
阁下(多用于称呼大使)Your Excellency
我代表北京市政府欢迎各位朋友访问北京.On behalf of the Beijing Municipal government, I wish to extend our warm welcome to the friends who have come to visit Beijing.对您的大力协助,我谨代表北京市政府表示衷心的感谢。On behalf of the Beijing Municipal government, I wish to express our heartfelt thanks to you for your gracious assistance.在北京过得怎么样? How are you making out in Beijing?
我一定向他转达您的问候和邀请.I’ll surely remember you and your invitation to him.欢迎美商来北京投资.American businessmen are welcome to make investment in Beijing.欢迎多提宝贵意见.Your valuable advice is most welcome.不虚此行 It’s a rewarding trip.您的日程很紧,我们的会见是否就到此为止.As you have a tight schedule, I will not take up more of your time.请代我问候...先生 please remember me to Mr.感谢光临 Thank you so much for coming.欢迎再来 Hope you’ll come again.欢迎以后多来北京 Hope you’ll visit Beijing more often.请留步,不用送了.I will see myself out, please.多保重 Take care.祝您一路平安.Have a nice trip.愿为您效劳。At your service.为…举行宴会/宴请 host a dinner/banquet/luncheon in honor of …
欢迎宴会 welcome dinner
便宴 informal dinner
午宴(附有情况介绍或专题演讲等内容)luncheon
一轮会谈 one round of talks
决议 resolution
谅解备忘录 memorandum of understanding
现在开会 I declare the meeting open.请…发言 I invite the representative of …to take the floor.下面我给各位简要介绍一下上海的经济情况 Nnow I would like to give you a brief overview of Shanghai’s economy.我的介绍完了,谢谢。That’s all for my presentation.thank you.我先说这么多。So much for my remarks for now.我要说的就是这些。That’s all for what I want to say.您看是先谈原则问题呢,还是先谈具体问题? I wonder if you would like to start with matters of principle or specific issues?
第二篇:英文商务信件礼貌用语
邮件的开头:
感谢读者是邮件开场白的好办法。感谢您的读者能让对方感到高兴,特别是之后你有事相求的情况下会很有帮助。
Thank you for contacting us.如果有人写信来询问公司的服务,就可以使用这句句子
开头。向他们对公司的兴趣表示感谢。
Thank you for your prompt reply.当一个客户或是同事很快就回复了你的邮件,一定
记得要感谢他们。如果回复并不及时,只要将“prompt”除去即可,你还可以说,“Thank you for getting back to me.”
Thank you for providing the requested information.如果你询问某人一些信息,他们花
了点时间才发送给你,那就用这句句子表示你仍然对他们的付出表示感激。
Thank you for all your assistance.如果有人给了你特别的帮助,那一定要感谢他们!
如果你想对他们表示特别的感激,就用这个句子,“I truly appreciate „ your help in resolving the problem.”Thank you raising your concerns. 就算某个客户或是经理写邮件给你对你的工作提出了一定的质疑,你还是要感谢他
们。这样你能表现出你对他们的认真态度表示尊重及感激。同时,你也可以使用,“Thank you for your feedback.”
在邮件的结尾:
在邮件开头表示感谢一般是表示对对方过去付出的感谢,而在邮件结尾处表示感谢是对将来的帮助表示感谢。事先表示感谢,能让对方在行动时更主动更乐意。
Thank you for your kind cooperation.如果你需要读者帮助你做某事,那就先得表示感
谢。
Thank you for your attention to this matter.与以上的类似,本句包含了你对对方将来可
能的帮助表示感谢。
Thank you for your understanding.如果你写到任何会对读者产生负面影响的内容那
就使用这句句子吧。
Thank you for your consideration.如果您是在寻求机会或是福利,例如你在求职的话,就用这封邮件结尾。
Thank you again for everything you've done.这句句子可以用在结尾,和以上有所不同。
如果你在邮件开头已经谢过了读者,你就可以使用这句话,但是因为他们的帮助,你可以着重再次感谢你们的付出。
十种场合的表达
1.Greeting message 祝福
Hope you have a good trip back.祝旅途愉快。
How are you? 你好吗?
How is the project going? 项目进行顺利吗?
2.Initiate a meeting 发起会议
I suggest we have a call tonight at 9:30pm(China Time)with you and Brown.Please let me know if the time is okay for you and Ben.我建议我们今晚九点半和Brown小聚一下,你和Ben有没有空?
I would like to hold a meeting in the afternoon about our development planning for the project A.今天下午我建议我们就A项目的发展计划开会讨论一下。
We’d like to have the meeting on Thu Oct 30.Same time.十月三十号(周四),老时间,开会。
Let’s make a meeting next Monday at 5:30 PM SLC time.下周一盐湖城时区下午五点半开会。
I want to talk to you over the phone regarding issues about report development and the XXX project.我想跟你电话讨论下报告进展和XXX项目的情况。
3.Seeking for more information/feedbacks/suggestions 咨询信息/反馈/建议
Should you have any problem accessing the folders, please let me know.如果存取文件有任何问题请和我联系。
Thank you and look forward to having your opinion on the estimation and schedule.谢谢你,希望能听到更多你对评估和日程计划的建议。
Look forward to your feedbacks and suggestions soon.期待您的反馈建议!
What is your opinion on the schedule and next steps we proposed?
你对计划方面有什么想法?下一步我们应该怎么做?
What do you think about this?
这个你怎么想?
Feel free to give your comments.请随意提出您的建议。
Any question, please don’t hesitate to let me know.有任何问题,欢迎和我们联系。
Any question, please let me know.有任何问题,欢迎和我们联系。
Please contact me if you have any questions.有任何问题,欢迎和我们联系。
Please let me know if you have any question on this.有任何问题,欢迎和我联系。
Your comments and suggestions are welcome!
欢迎您的评论和建议!
Please let me know what you think?
欢迎您的评论和建议!
Do you have any idea about this?
对于这个您有什么建议吗?
It would be nice if you could provide a bit more information on the user’s behavior.您若是能够就用户行为方面提供更多的信息就太感激了!
At your convenience, I would really appreciate you looking into this matter/issue.如果可以,我希望你能负责这件事情。
4.Give feedback 意见反馈
Please see comments below.请看下面的评论。
My answers are in blue below.我的回答已标蓝。
5.Attachment 附件
I enclose the evaluation report for your reference.我附加了评估报告供您阅读。
Attached please find today’s meeting notes.今天的会议记录在附件里。
Attach is the design document, please review it.设计文档在附件里,请评阅。
For other known issues related to inpidual features, please see attached release notes.其他个人特征方面的信息请见附件。
6.Point listing 列表
Today we would like to finish following tasks by the end of today:1…….2…….今天我们要完成的任务:1„„.2„„.Some known issues in this release:1…….2…….声明中涉及的一些问题:1„„.2„„.Our team here reviewed the newest SCM policy and has following
concerns:1…….2…….我们阅读了最新的供应链管理政策,做出如下考虑:1„„.2„„.Here are some more questions/issues for your team:1…….2…….以下是对你们团队的一些问题:1„„.2„„.The current status is as following: 1……2……
目前数据如下: 1„„2„„
Some items need your attention:1…….2…….以下方面需提请注意:1„„.2„„.7.Raise question 提出问题
I have some questions about the report XX-XXX
我对XX-XXX报告有一些疑问。
For the assignment ABC, I have the following questions:…
就ABC协议,我有以下几个问题:„„
8.Proposal 提议
For the next step of platform implementation, I am proposing…
关于平台启动的下一步计划,我有一个提议„„
I suggest we can have a weekly project meeting over the phone call in the near future.我建议我们就一周项目开一个电话会议。
Achievoteam suggest to adopt option A to solve outstanding issue……
Achievo团队建议应对突出问题采用A办法。
9.Thanks note 感谢信
Thank you so much for the cooperation感谢你的合作!
Thanks for the information
谢谢您提供的信息!
I really appreciate the effort you all made for this sudden and tight project.对如此紧急的项目您做出的努力我表示十分感谢。
Thank you for your attention!
Thanks to your attention!
谢谢关心!
Your kind assistance on this are very much appreciated.我们对您的协助表示感谢。
Really appreciate your help!
非常感谢您的帮助!
10.Apology 道歉
I sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding!
对造成的误解我真诚道歉!
I apologize for the late asking but we want to make sure the correctness of our implementation ASAP.很抱歉现在才进行询问,但是我们需要尽快核实执行信息。
第三篇:常用商务英语口语
文章来源:百度文库
标题: 常用商务英语口语的学习要点是什么
关键词: 常用商务英语口语
导读: 常用商务英语口语是许多的朋友一直想要了解到的一类内容,为了更好的学好这些内容,我们就要从下面的文章中进行更多的认识,请看下文中对于常用商务英语口语的学习要点有哪些解读。
常用商务英语口语的学习要点是什么呢?一般在在一定的语言环境和不断学习的过程中才会得到了口语的提升。特别是在下面的文章内容中也有着这方面的详细描述,相信我们在看过了之后,就一定可以让自己的成绩得到了极大保障。
给自己创造一个全方位的英语环境
对你的常用商务英语口语最有帮助的事情之一,就是尝试着让你自己浸泡在英语环境当中。你可以给自己制定一套计划,比如 “24-hour English”,为自己挑选一个日子,每周的某一天,全天进入英文模式,避免说中文,尽量用英语来表达自己的意思。不仅嘴上说英文,还要用英语思考,比如清晨在脑海里用英语对自己说一遍一天的计划。如果能做到全身心进入英文模式并加以坚持,那就是给自己营造了一个好的英文环境。英语口语:是一场持久战
建议每位学员应该每个礼拜给自己制定一个明确的学习计划,规定自己一个礼拜之内应该保持多长的学习时间。为了保证学习的效果只有严格按照学习计划推进,以免竹篮打水一场空。
常用商务英语口语的学习要点是什么呢?一般主要就是上面所表述的那样,如果大家可以很好的明确了这些,相信日后的学习过程也会变得充满了乐趣。当大家明确了这些学习的方法后,就一定能够可以让口语的能力得到了极大的保障。
第四篇:最新商务英语口语集锦(范文)
最新商务交际英语口语集锦
I ve heard so much about you.好久不见了!
Long time no see.辛苦了!
You ve had a long day.Youve had a long flight.尊敬的朋友们!
Distinguished/Honorable/Respected friends 阁下(多用于称呼大使)Your Excellency
我代表北京市政府欢迎各位朋友访问北京。
On behalf of the Beijing Municipal government, I wish to extend our warm welcome to the friends who have come to visit Beijing.对您的大力协助,我谨代表北京市政府表示衷心的感谢。
On behalf of the Beijing Municipal government, i wish to express our heartfelt thanks to you for your gracious assistance.在北京过得怎么样?
How are you making out in Beijing? 我一定向他转达您的问候和邀请。
Ill surely remember you and your invitation to him.欢迎美商来北京投资。
American businessmen are welcome to make investment in Beijing.欢迎多提宝贵意见。
Your valuable advice is most welcome.不虚此行!
Its a rewarding trip!
您的日程很紧,我们的会见是否就到此为止。
As you have a tight schedule, I will not take up more of your time.请代我问候王先生。
Please remember me to Mr.Wang.感谢光临!
Thank you so much for coming.欢迎再来!
Hope youll come again.欢迎以后多来北京!
Hope youll visit Beijing more often.请留步,不用送了!
I will see myself out, please.多保重!
Take care!
祝您一路平安!
Have a nice trip!愿为您效劳!
At your service!为…举行宴会/宴请
Host a dinner/banquet/luncheon in honor of … 欢迎宴会
Welcome dinner 便宴
Informal dinner
午宴(附有情况介绍或专题演讲等内容)
Luncheon 便餐
Light meal 工作午餐
Working luncheon 自助餐
Buffet dinner/luncheon 答谢宴会
Return dinner 告别宴会
Farewell dinner 庆功宴
Glee feast 招待会
Reception
庆祝中华人民共和国成立四十五周年招待会
Reception Celebrating the 45th Anniversary of the Founding of the Peoples Republic of China 鸡尾酒会
Cocktail party 茶话会
Tea party 包餐/点餐
Table dhote/a la carte 上菜
Serve a courst 您的位置在这里。
Here is your seat.请入席!
欢聚一堂
Enjoy this happy get-together
请随便!
Please yourself at home./Please enjoy yourself.请各位随意用餐。
Help yourself please.您喝点什么?
What would you like to drink?
现在我提议,为了…和…之间的合作,为了…参议员的健康,干杯!
At this point, I propose a toast: to the cooperation between … And … , to the health of Senator…, cheers!
最后,我借主人的酒,提议为…干杯!
Lastly, taking up this glass of fine wine, I propose a toast to … 请各位举杯并同我一起为所有在座的朋友们的健康干杯!
Id ask you to raise your glass and join me in a toast ot the health of all our friends present here.敬您一杯!
Heres to you!祝你健康!
To your health!我要为此干杯!
Ill drink to that!随量!
Whatever you like!我失陪一会儿!
Excuse me for a minute.菜不好,请多多包涵!
Hope you enjoy yourself.女士们先生们,欢迎各位光临,演出很快就要开始了,请尽快就坐。
Ladies and gentlemen, good evening.The concert/show would start soon.Please get yourself seated.Thank you.招待会现在开始。
The reception will now begin.全体起立,奏国歌!
All rise please.For the P.R.C.National Anthem!出席今天招待会的贵宾有…
The distinguished guests paarticipating the reception are … 现在请…讲话
I have the honour to call upon … 开幕式现在结束。
This concludes the opening ceremony.隆重庆祝
Grand celebration 庆祝成立…一周年
Celebrating the 1st Anniversary of the Establishment of … 热烈祝贺第一届…锦标赛
Hail the first FIFA of …
值此节日之际致以节日的祝贺!
On the occasion of the season, I would like to extend seasons greetings.祝您工作顺利、事业成功、身体健康、家庭幸福!
Wish you the very best of luck in your job, every successin your future endeavours, good health and a happy family!衷心祝贺您当选…
Hearty congratulations on your recent ecletion as … 举行会议/研讨会/大会/座谈会/学术报告会
Hold a meeting/seminar/conference/forum/symposium 赞助人/主办人/承办人/协办人
Patron/sponsor/organizer/co-organizer 举行谈判
Enter into negotiation 交涉
Make representations with sb.On sth./deal with sb.事物性会谈
Talks at working level 对口会谈
Counterpart talks 议程项目
Items on the agenda 主题
Theme 议题
Topic for discussion 双方商定的议程
Schedule mutually agreed upon 开幕会议
Opening session 全体会议
Plenary session 开场白
Introduction 情况介绍
Presentation 小组讨论
Panel discussion 同有关单位磋商
Hold consultations with the organizations concerned 一轮会谈
One round of talks 决议
Resolution 谅解备忘录
Memorandum of understanding 现在开会。
I declare the meeting open.请…发言。
I invite the representative of …To take the floor.下面我给各位简要介绍一下北京的经济情况
Now I would like to give you a brief overview of Beijings economy.我的介绍完了,谢谢!
Thats all for my presentation.thank you.我先说这么多。
So much for my remarks for now.我要说的就是这些。
Thats all for what I want to say.您看是先谈原则问题呢,还是先谈具体问题?
I wonder if you would like to start with matters of principle or specific issues? 让我先谈一个问题。
If you agree(With your permission), let me start with one issue 在谈那个问题之前我想对您刚才讲的话谈点看法。
Before we trun to that issue, I wish to make a few comments/remarks on your presentation.您对此事怎么看呢?
I wish to benefit from your views on this matter./ What is your view on this matter?/ How do you see this matter? 我提议休会十分钟。
I propose a ten-minute break.我想接着刚才的问题讲下去。
I will pick up where we left off just now.对不起,我插一句。
Sorry for the interruption but 当然可以!
By all means.怎么都行!
Whatever you say.我没有异议。
I have no objection.我方对这个问题有异议。
We take exception to this question.我们高兴地看到…
We note with pleasure that … 这个日期贵方觉得合适吗?
I wonder if this date wuld be suitable for you? 不知你们上午谈的怎样?
I wonder how the meeting went this morning? 我方很希望贵方能尽早给予肯定的答复。
We would greatlyl appreciate it if you could give us your favourable and prompt commitment as soonas possible.请你们务必在8月1日前提出意向书。
You are kindly requested to submit the letter of intent on the date no later than 1st August.纠缠这个问题。
Entangle this issue.提倡节约
Advocate/uphold thriftiness 为了国家的繁荣
For the sake of national property
经受了时间考验的友谊给我留下了很深的印象。
The time-tested friendship leave me a deep impression.密切注视
Keep close watch on 促进密切合作
Spur/promote intensive cooperation
第五篇:商务英语口语
商务英语口语
Unit 1 Making New Contact
初次接触
1.1 At Customs 在海关
Mr.Smith has just arrived at Beijing International Airport.He has retrieved his luggage from the carousel and is now proceeding to the customs desk.A: Customs official
B: Mr.Smith A:Good morning, sir.Please may I have your passport and immigration card? B: Of course, here you are.A: What is the purpose of your visit to China—business or pleasure? B: I’m here on business.I’m a project for an international engineering company.A: I see you have a category Z visa.May I kindly remind you that you must register with your local Public Security Bureau within 30 days of arrival? B: Really? Why do I need to do that? A:Foreigners on long-term visas need to obtain a residence permit.It’s quite a simple procedure, but perhaps the best way is to ask one of your Chinese colleagues to help you.B: OK.I’ll do it as soon as possible.I’m going to visit various cities during
my stay.Do I need to register at each one? A: No, that’s not necessary.Well, you documents are all in order.I wish you a pleasant and successful stay in China.B: Thank you very much.Goodbye.A: Goodbye.1.2 Meeting Foreign Guests at the Airport 在机场迎接客人
Mr.Smith has now entered the arrivals hall, where his Chinese colleague, Mr.Liu, is waiting for him.A: Mr.Liu
B: Mr.Smith A: Excuse me!Are you Mr.Smith? B: Yes, I am.A: Good morning, Mr.Smith.I’m Mr.Liu from Capital Engineering.B: Nice to meet you.A: Nice to meet you, too.Did you have a pleasant flight? B: Yes, I did.No problems at all.A: Good.Let me take your luggage for you.It looks heavy.B: That’s all right.I can manage.A: Ok, if you are sure.Come this way, please.B: So, where are we going now? A: A company car is waiting for us outside.It will take us to the hotel.B: Great.1.3 On the Way to the Hotel
在去宾馆的路上A Mr.Smith and Mr.Liu are in the car travelling to the hotel.A: Mr.Liu
B: Mr.Smith A: So, Mr.Smith, is this your first visit to China? B: Yes, it is.A: I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here.B: Thank you, I’m sure I will.I really enjoy visiting other countries.A: Well, I think you will like Beijing.There is so much to see and do here.If you have some free time, I’d be glad to show you around.B: That’s very kind of you.Perhaps you could give me your phone number? A: Of course, here is my business card.Call me any time you like.B: Thanks.So, can you tell me about the schedule for today? A: After we arrive at the hotel, you will have the day to rest.In the evening, the department leader would like to invite you to dinner.B: That sounds nice.What time will that be? A: About 5.30.You can meet us in the lobby of your hotel.B: Fine.A: Do you have any other questions? B: Ah, yes.What’s the dress code for the dinner? A: Formal.You should wear a jacket and tie.B: Ok, no problem.Unit 2
At the Hotel
在旅馆 2.1 Checking in 办理手续 A:Hotel Clerk
B: Mrs.Perez A: Good morning, madam.How may I help you? B: Good morning!Do you have any rooms available at the moment? A: Yes, we do.What kind of room would you like? B: I’d like a suite for three nights.A: Please wait a moment while I check availability.Ah, I’m sorry, madam.We only have twin room available at this time.B: That's all right.How much do they cost? A: Each night cost 630RMB, but for a three-night stay, we can offer a discount of 20%.B: How much in total? A: 1518RMB.B: Is breakfast included in the price? A: Yes, it is.You also have free use of the leisure facilities here.B: That’s fine.I’ll take it.A: OK.Please fill out this form with your details.B: I would like to pay by cash.Do I need to pay a deposit? A: Yes, you do.There is 500RMB deposit, which we will refund when you check out.So, in total, you need to pay 2018RMB.B: Fine.Here you are.A: Thank you.Here’s your key and receipt.Your room number is 807.A porter will take your luggage to your room.The elevator is just around the corner.B: Thank you very much.A: My pleasure, madam.I wish you a pleasant stay.Goodbye!B: Goodbye!2.2 In the Room
在房间 A: Mr.Goldman
B: The maid A: Excuse me.Do you speak English? B: Yes, I do.How can I help you? A: Well, I’ve just arrived in my room, but there are no instructions in English about the facilities available!Do you mind helping me for a moment? B: Of course not.What exactly would you like to know? A: Firstly, what is the number for room service? B: It’s 2300.Room service is available 24hours a day.A: Very good.Now, could you help me to adjust the air conditioning please? It’s too hot in my room.B: Yes, the control unit is on the wall next to the bathroom.It’s 22℃ all right? A: Yes, that’s perfect.Another thing, if I need more items for the mini-bar,which number should I call? B: You should call the Housekeeping Department on 2500.They will replace any stock for you immediately.A: I see.So, is it possible to make international phone calls from my room? B: That’s no problem, sir.Just dail 9 to get an outside line, then dail the number as usual.A: Well, thank you very much for your help.B: No problem, sir.If there’s anything else you need, you can find me at the desk by the elevator, or you can call housekeeping if I’m not there.A: Ok, goodbye.B: Goodbye, sir.2.3 Looking around the Hotel 参观宾馆
Mr.Zhao works for a Chinese company that organizes conferences.He is visiting a hotel to inspect the facilities in order to decide if it suitable for a conference.A: The manager
B: Mr.Zhao A: Good morning, Mr.Zhao.B:Good morning.A: If you are ready, we’ll start the tour of the hotel now.B: OK.A: First, let’s start the business center.Come this way, please let me tell you about the facilities that are available here.There are ten private offices that can be rented by our guests.Each office has a computer with broadband Internet connection, a telephone and a fax machine.B: Very good.Now, can you provide secretarial services as well? A: Yes, a bilingual secretary is available during business hours.We also can arrange for translator or interpreters within 24 hours.B: OK.What about the meeting rooms? A: We have meeting rooms that are suitable for up to 25 people.If you clients require larger rooms, those are available in the conference center.B: Good.Let’s have a look at the conference center now.A: Right, let’s take the elevator to the second floor.The conference center contains of a lecture with a capacity of 250 people.It is equipped with a projector for presentations, tighter with a professional sound and light system.Each seat has headphones, which can be used for simultaneous translation.B: Excellent.Is there a place for refreshments? A: Yes, there is.There is the Grand Hall, which can be used for buffets or banquets, depending on your needs.B: Perfect.Could you also tell me about the other facilities available in the hotel?
A: Well, there is a mall on the third floor which sells local and international goods.In the basement there are extensive recreation facilities, including a swimming pool, fitness center and squash courts.As for the entertainment, there are several restaurants, a disco and karaoke rooms.B:I think that I know everything I want indeed.Thank you very much for your help.A: Ii’s my pleasure.I hope you to return in the future.Goodbye, Mr.Zhao.B: Goodbye.UNIT3
Dining at a Restaurant 3.1 Inviting the Guest
邀请客人
Mr.Jin wants to invite Miss Spencer to dinner, so he telephones her.(A:Miss Spencer
B: Mr.Jin)A: Hello? B: Hello, is that Miss Spencer? A: Yes.B: This is Mr.Jin.How are you? A: Not too bad, thanks.And you? B: Fine.Listen.Are you free on Friday night? I’d like to invite you to
dinner.A: I’m terribly sorry, but I’ve already made arrangement for Friday.B: That’s a pity.How about Saturday? A: That would be fine.B: Great.What time would you like to meet? A: Whenever is suitable for you.I have no plans for that day.B: OK, let’s say 5 pm.A: And where would you like to meet? B: I can pick you up at the hotel lobby.Also, what type of food do you like? A: I’m not very familiar with Chinese cuisine.What can you recommend? B: Well, have you heard of Peking Duck? It’s a local speciality.A: Of course!Peking Duck is world-famous.i would love to try it.B: OK, let’s have that then.A: All right.Well, I’ll see you later.B: See you later, goodbye.A: Bye.3.3 At the Table 在餐桌上
Mr.Zhu and Mr.Adams are colleagues who are meeting to have an informal lunch.(A: Mr.Zhu
B: Mr.Adams)
A: Ah, Mr.Adams, good to see you again.B: Good to see you, too.A: Please take a seat.B: Thank you.A: Are you hungry.B: A little bit.So, What are we going to eat? A: You’re the guest, so you can have anything you like.Here’s the menu.B: That’s very kind of you, but I can’t read Chinese, so you’ll have to help me.A: OK then.Are there any types of food you really don’t like? B: Well, I’m allergic to seafood, so that’s definitely out.And I’m not too keen on hot peppers or garlic.A: Right, and which kinds of meat do you like? B: Anything is OK, just nothing too exotic.A: So, no chicken feet or silkworms for you!B: Ha!No, I’d rather not, thank you very much!A: OK, how about we have a beef and tomato stew to start.B: That sounds fine.A: Let me see…..What else is there? Have you tried a Chinese salad before? B: I don’t think so.What’s it like? A: Well, it’s a cold dish with lots of thin strips of dried tofu, Chinese
vermicelli, bean sprouts and pork with a vinegar dressing.B: It sounds interesting.Let’s have some.A: Good.And why don’t we have some crispy fried pork as well? B: That’s a good idea.A: That should be enough then.Waitress!We’re ready to order now.